The Endura name should be familiar to anyone who’s ever been on a small fishing boat. Over the years, this name has become a legend, and the Minn Kota Endura C230 Freshwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor continues that legacy.
Specs and Best Features
The Minn Kota Endura C2 30 Freshwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor offers several excellent features that can help you with your trolling.
- The telescoping handle extends 6 inches, and it is very easy and comfortable to use. It is here that you control the direction of your boat, and where you will find the on/off button and the controls for the speed and forward/reverse.
- You have 5 speeds to choose from if you’re going forward. For reverse there are 3 speeds available.
- The bracket offers easy adjustment to 10 possible positions and it has a quick- release lever lock. It is made of tough reinforced composite material that is designed to resist warping, UV damage from the sun, and flexing.
- Minn Kota offers a 2-year warranty for this trolling motor, but that doesn’t cover the composite shaft. That’s because Minn Kota offers a lifetime guarantee for this component. The composite shaft is virtually indestructible—it’s like Captain America’s shield, Wolverine’s claws, or Superman’s uniform. It is stronger than steel on a pound for pound basis. It just flexes on impact. It won’t rust, kink, or break at all.
- The large commutators and windings dissipate the heat produced by the motor, which makes it cooler, extends the life of the motor, and also prolongs the battery power.
- It’s not just the battery that makes the electric motor very quiet. It also uses a unique bearing system that minimizes the friction so it doesn’t make any noise that can frighten the fish away.
- At the bottom is the Power Prop, which provides additional power so you can push through heavy vegetation on the water.
- This motor is designed for freshwater use only, and it puts the motor on the transom instead of the bow. If you’re going to troll in saltwater, you’ll need other options.
Pros and Cons
The Minn Kota Endura C2 30 Freshwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor cost less than $100 on Amazon, and yet it packs a lot of features. It’s very easy to use, it’s very quiet, and its durability is unquestionable. On the other hand, the 30-pound thrust is the weakest in the Minn Kota Endura C2 lineup. If you have a larger and heavier boat, you may need a more powerful motor.
Should You Buy It?
We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the Minn Kota Endura C2. But the real question is whether you should get it. You have to make sure that the 30-inch shaft is the Z for your boat. And you also have to check that the 30 pounds of thrust is right for the size and weight of your boat and for your water conditions.
But if the length of the shaft and the amount of thrust is right for your needs, then you really can’t go wrong by picking the Minn Kota Endura C2 30 Freshwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor. It’s affordable, quiet, very easy to operate, and it is designed for long periods of use.