Some fish finder devices are very basic, which is perfect for beginners or for those with a limited budget. But for those who don’t mind splurging on the best fish finder device, then you ought to take a look at the Lowrance HDS-9 Gen2 Touch Insight.
The Lowrance HDS-9 Gen2 Touch Insight comes with a cornucopia of features, which got many people excited to get back to fishing again. Take a look at what it can do:
- It offers a WVGA color TFT LCD widescreen touchscreen with 800 by 480 resolution. The menus are intuitive, and it is very easy to use with cursor assist, preview panes, and snap-to setting markers.
- Get the optional StructureScan HD transducer, and you will have picture- quality 180-degree views of the various fish and structures beneath your boat. With the StructureMap feature, you can overlay the live HD bottom imagery over your charts. You can really get excellent underwater images of the lake or of the sea floor.
- The Broadband Sounder displays and marks fish and structures at even very high speeds, up to a depth of 3,000 feet.
- The 5Hz GPS antenna is very accurate, and allows for WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS corrections. You also have the option to get the external Lowrance Point-1 10Hz GPS antenna with built in compass.
- With TrackBack, you can review and save hotspots as you scroll back through the Broadband Sounder and StructureScan.
- With the free app and the Wi-Fi-1 module, you can view and select the displays with your tablet or smartphone.
- You can also connect to the Cloud, so you can use it to make purchases, or upload and download maps to forums.
- You get extensive mapping options with built-in charts and maps.
- With depth contour shading and shallow water highlighting, you can highlight the best fishing areas or mark shallow waters.
- You can make personalized maps, with adjusted contour lines, vegetation, and bottom hardness.
- The display allows for use in sunlight, with a wider angle for viewing.
- It also offers dual Ethernet ports and full-size SD card slots, along with video- camera input.